04 September 2009

Your Mom...

So it's one o'clock in the morning and I've been sucked into TV Tropes since about 8.30 last night (not last last night, five hours ago). I'm trying to extricate myself, I really am. I only have five TV tropes tabs open. I've got another hour, tops.

Anyway, I'm on the Older Than They Think page and came across this gem.

  • The Other Wiki goes into the usual humorously serious detail on how "Your Mom" jokes are older than people think; used, for example, by Shakespeare.
    • It probably wasn't long after the creation of language that every possible way to insult someone was explored in depth.
      • That's about the same time that your mom was explored in depth.
OMG, I laughed so hard at that. Honest, it's things like that which make the whole time-sucking vortex worth it.

Oh, and if you don't know enough about the internet to know to avoid virtually every one of those links, you are on your own. See you next April.

No comments:

Post a Comment