25 November 2009

Modern Cool

Acting on the advice of Geek Girl Diva I took the Nerd? Geek? or Dork? test. The results were as expected.

Modern, Cool Nerd

83 % Nerd, 65% Geek, 39% Dork

For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Nerd and Geek, earning you the title of: Modern, Cool Nerd.

Nerds didn't use to be cool, but in the 90's that all changed. It used to be that, if you were a computer expert, you had to wear plaid or a pocket protector or suspenders or something that announced to the world that you couldn't quite fit in. Not anymore. Now, the intelligent and geeky have eked out for themselves a modicum of respect at the very least, and "geek is chic." The Modern, Cool Nerd is intelligent, knowledgable and always the person to call in a crisis (needing computer advice/an arcane bit of trivia knowledge). They are the one you want as your lifeline in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (or the one up there, winning the million bucks)!

Congratulations!

Actually, the first thing I thought when I saw my results was that I was 187% Nerd/Geek/Dork. Then I realized there was some overlap and decided to let it go.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Heroine,

    Since you were kind enough to read our Twitter Manifesto (pretty geeky, to have, dontcha think?), I came to check out your blog. I gotta say, it's a really fun read. I will recommend it, for sure.

    Just took the test: 100% Nerd, 74% Geek and 39% Dork. If I could print it on a badge, I'd wear it proudly.

    See you on Twitter!

    Mike (of Mike & Kali @DreamWorthy)
    http://www.DreamWorthyGifts.com

    For other nerd/geek/dorks, please feel free to follow us on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete