02 October 2009

Johnny 505: the Test-Drive Conclusion

I just got an email from one of my fellow test-drivers about whether or not I will be keeping Johnny 505. This was my reply:


"After all my bluster about the ereader market being outrageous I still ended up keeping mine. I thought about holding out for one of the new ones with wireless and all that, but I like task specific gadgets. Especially when it comes to reading.

When it came down to it, the convenience of having 100+ books at my fingertips - be I at work, commuting, or just lying in bed - was the main draw for me. While I will continue to purchase paper copies of books I truly enjoy (I don't want to end up the technological age equivalent of the gentleman from Twilight Zone's "Time Enough at Last"), most of my "looking for something to read" purchases will be done for my Sony505."

No comments:

Post a Comment