24 November 2010

Thanksgiving

I am, in the family in my vicinity, the person who cooks for Thanksgiving. I usually try to avoid having to do the turkey because frankly, if I'm making everything else someone else can bake a damn turkey...

*cough*



Anyway, this Thanksgiving I am making stuffing, mashed potatoes, brussell sprouts, rolls, cranberry sauce and pecan pie. All from scratch. Well, I am not a god, someone made the brussell sprouts, but still. My kitchen is a mess, my house is 107 degrees and I want sleep. Like, now. But I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I love Thanksgiving, it is probably my favorite holiday after Christmas. I love cooking for people, I love being around friends and family, and I just love this attitude of being thankful for things.

I'm not going to get super mushy, I'm not going to list the people I'm thankful for. I don't do that, even if I do occasionally end sentences in prepositions.

But from the deepest parts of my heart, I am thankful for you guys both here and on twitter. You've gotten me through some rough times whether you know it or not.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment